Date of Birth: 05 March, 1987
Cell : +92-3216584034 (Pak), +86-13071805367 (China)
Permanent Address: House of Sardar Muhammad Mukhtar Advocate, Main Road Abdul Shakoor Khan Colony, Kasur, Punjab, Pakistan.
Current Address: Room No 207, Building No 4, XiXi campus, Zhejiang University, Hangzhou, Zhejiang, China
To prosper in an environment that ensures a credible success
To attain maximum experience and skills through constant challenges in a competitive climate
To become a prominent lawyer as well as a researcher in the field of Pakistani, Chinese, International, and Comparative Law
Areas of Interests:
Pakistani Law, Chinese Law, Comparative Law
Judicial Reforms, Dispute Resolution Mechanisms
International Law, International Trade and Investment Law
Legal Issues under CPEC and OBOR Initiative
Resolution of Investment Disputes under Chinese OBOR Initiative
1. Mukhtar, Hamid. “Undergoing Re-negotiations between Pakistan and China for Free Trade Agreement " China and WTO Review 2018:2; 363-368.
2. Mukhtar, Hamid. "China’s Free Trade Agreements under Negotiations." China and WTO Review 2018:1; 167-173.
3. Mukhtar, Hamid, and QianHongdao. "A Critical Analysis of China-Pakistan Free Trade Agreement: Learning Lessons for Pakistan with Respect to its Future FTAS.” Global Journal of Politics and Law Research 5.6 (2017): 63-74.
4. QianHongdao and Hamid Mukhtar“Joint Development Agreements: Towards Protecting the Marine Environment under International Law.” Journal of Law, Policy and Globalization Vol.66 (2017): 164-171.
5. QianHongdao, Sonia Azam, Hamid Mukhtar and Ayesha Mumtaz “A Comparative study of investor-state dispute settlement mechanisms: The case of China and Pakistan.” Journal of Law, Policy and Globalization Vol.67 (2017): 195-207.
6. Ayesha Mumtaz, QianHongdao, Hamid Mukhtar, and Hafiz Abdul RahmanSaleem “Discrimination in Nationality Laws: A case study of Pakistan” Journal of Law, Policy and Globalization Vol.66 (2017) 154-163.
7. Moudachirou, Djibril, and Hamid Mukhtar. "Precautionary Principle in International Environmental Law: Rule of Customary International Law." International Journal of Management Sciences 6.12 (2015): 564-571.
8. Hongdao, Qian.,Azam, Sonia. &Mukhtar, Hamid. (2018). China Pakistan economic corridor: legal injunctions and protection of Chinese investment in Pakistan under Obor initiative. European Journal of Research in Social Sciences, 6 (2), 29-37.
2011 - 2013
Advocate District Courts, Kasur, Punjab, Pakistan
Worked as an independent advocate, in the areas of Civil, Criminal and Family Cases.
6 Months internship with “Muhammad Yaqoob Ch. And Associates, Kasur “ Law firm
Lahore High Court Bar Association Lahore, Pakistan
District Bar Association Kasur, Pakistan
Effective communication, Interpersonal, Intuitive, Analytical skills
Command on Microsoft Office (MS word, MS power point, MS excel, MS Office Access, Outlook)